I spent 12 years of my life working for a company some of you may know (or remember) called Borders Books. For over a decade, my workshift consisted of handling tons and tons of books and yet I seldom spent any time with them. A few years ago Borders closed its doors forever. Some say that one of the reasons for its demise was the advent of the ebook. I swore that I would never own such a device. Kindles, kobos, and nooks had cost me my career. I had some resentment.

Three years ago, my girlfriend made the leap and purchased me a Kindle Keyboard for my birthday. With hesitation, I slowly became familiar with it and what Amazon had to offer. Slowly, I became a reader again. I had found the world of independent horror and it was marvelous. For the next three years, I collected titles and made friends (some writers, some readers, but every one of them helped to round out the reading identity that had become such a large part of my being.

Last week, the love of my life upgraded my reading experience again. This time she got me the Kindle Fire. (She really gets me. She's the best!!) Within a week, I had started this blog and the rest, as they say, is history.

To anyone who reads this, thank you for taking the time.

And if I have met you through books, thanks for your support and know that you have helped, in some part, to make me into the reader and person I am today.