I Sea Monsters

I Sea Monsters - P.A. Copeland I Sea Monsters was a great story idea. I wanted to absolutely love this book. Don't get me wrong I did like this book, I just didn't love it.
I have been a huge fan of anything shark since I was a child. I read this book summary and picked it up without hesitation. The story was unique and a deviation from my normal sub genre of reading.
But the story seemed hurried. It wasn't very detailed and there wasn't enough time spent developing characters. Even a little more development would've helped me care more about what happened to them. Why was this guy picked over someone else? It just seemed that mystic forces brought our characters together which is a believable concept... but not really touched upon. I'm not sure I understand why that happened.
The story did keep my interest. There were a few grammatical errors but they didn't distract from the story. I would love to see the author add to the story and motivate the reader to care a little more about the characters. I would read more from the author.