(Review) Occult Assassin: Damnation Code

Occult Assassin: Damnation Code (Occult Assassin #1) - William Massa

Apocalyptic cult. Delta Force soldier on a mission of revenge. True demons in the machine. If any of this sounds interesting to you, than Occult Assassin: Damnation Code is a book you will enjoy.

Occult Assassin clocks in at a little over 200 action packed, lightning quick pages and although this book spends a good bit of it's time involving the reader in Talon's motivations, it definitely doesn't slack in the action department. I could see Hollywood banging on Mr. Massa's door begging to make this into a great action movie (starring Jason Statham as Talon in my mind).

Enter Talon, an experienced member of Delta Force. An amazing character who the author spends some real time fleshing out for the reader. His motivations are genuine and devastating. His mission is revenge served messy, and he won't stop until his revenge is delivered to every last guilty party.

The villainous apocalyptic cult has its origins in Silicon Valley. Zagan (which ironically my tablet just auto corrected into Satan) is a bottom of the rung programmer with ambition. He discovers the occult by accident and realizes that there is real power in ritual. Over the years, Zagan has set about perfecting the ritual to take over the world. He cultivates a cult to aid in writing the ultimate program. One that will take over the world, but there is a "ghost in the machine". A REAL ghost in the machine and it's end game is world domination. Maybe this is why I don't auto update apps. And I thought Apple was the devil!!!

If you like your action spiced up with a little paranormal, give Occult Assassin: Damnation Code a read. This short novel gets a great grade from me.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.